All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book of 85 stories from medieval Iceland illustrates a variety of supernatural beliefs concerning elves, gigantic trolls, water monsters, ghosts, wizards and black magic rites, buried treasure and religious tales. The stories are intimately linked to the landscape and reflect the hopes, fears, hardships and preoccupations of everyday life. The translation of each tale is accompanied by an explanatory introduction and tes.
- Author Biography<b>Jacqueline Simpson</b> is one of Britain s most distinguished folklorists and Old Norse scholars. <b>Magnus Magnusson</b> is an Icelandic national who has spent most of his life in Scotland. He has presented many programs on BBC TV, including Chronicle, Mastermind, and a 12-part series on Vikings! He has published more than 20 books.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Simpson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight370 g
- Width172 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.