All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionCONTENTS - Part 1 - Introduction - Part 2 - Impurities present in water and their effects on industrial uses - Part 3 - Industrial waters and their quality requirements - Part 4 - Drinking and irrigation water - Part 5 - Impurities present in water and their effects on water treatment systems - PREFACE - It is well kwn that without water life can exist on earth. Similarly without water, many of the industries cant exist, as water is used in multifarious ways in industries. Water is the raw material, water is the ingredient, water is the medium of reaction and water is the conveying medium. Besides, water is used to generate steam and it is the major cooling agent. Without water, washing operations cant be carried out. Needless to say that each process requires a specific water quality. While every industry is keen on the availability and abundance of water, it is a sad fact that t much importance is bestowed upon the quality of water. Adherence to the quality requirements of water would result in a better product, protection of equipment, increased efficiency and avoidance of losses. Even though the industry in general is very interested to kw the quality requirements, there is a dearth of literature and even the available literature is scattered. The intention in writing this book is to provide comprehensive information on the quality requirements of water for each industrial use in a single volume. Almost all the major wet processing industries and quality requirements of water for such industrial processes are described in this book in detail. For easy understanding this book is divided into five parts, namely, 1) Introduction, 2) Impurities present in Water and their Effects on Industrial Uses, 3) Industrial Waters and their Quality Requirements, 4) Drinking and Irrigation water and 5) Impurities present in Water and their Effects on Water Treatment Systems. Every effort is made to provide all the possible information through these sections. Chapters are arranged in alphabetical order for easy access to the required chapter. My hope is that this book will fill that long felt need for the availability of a one volume scientific discussion, hoped to be a boon to all the industries, work managers, plant managers, water treatment personnel, chemists, and water treatment consultants, firms engaged in water treatment programs etc. This book will also serve as a ready reference to students of Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Applied chemistry, and to various other faculties of Colleges and Universities.
- Author(s)Natarajan Manivasakam
- PublisherChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChemical Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight906 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.