All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for students training to become biostatisticians as well as practicing biostatisticians, Inference Principles for Biostatisticians presents the theoretical and conceptual foundations of biostatistics. It covers the theoretical underpinnings essential to understanding subsequent core methodologies in the field. Drawing on his extensive experience teaching graduate-level biostatistics courses and working in the pharmaceutical industry, the author explains the main principles of statistical inference with many examples and exercises. Extended examples illustrate key concepts in depth using a specific biostatistical context. In addition, the author uses simulation to reinforce the repeated sampling interpretation of numerous statistical concepts. Reducing the computational complexities, he provides simple R functions for conducting simulation studies. This text gives graduate students with diverse backgrounds across the health, medical, social, and mathematical sciences a solid, unified foundation in the principles of statistical inference. This groundwork will lead students to develop a thorough understanding of biostatistical methodology.
- Author BiographyIan C. Marschner is head of the Department of Statistics and a professor of statistics at Macquarie University. He is also a professor of biostatistics in the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Clinical Trials Centre at the University of Sydney. He has over 25 years of experience as a biostatistician working on health and medical research, particularly involving clinical trials and epidemiological studies of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and HIV/AIDS. He was previously director of the Asia Biometrics Centre with Pfizer and an associate professor of biostatistics at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Ian C. Marschner
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.