Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionInside the changing sheds, the gyms, the hotels and on the field with the All Blacks at each Rugby World Cup i a tournament that grips the nation. Inside the Cup is the definitive story of the triumphs, oddities, heartbreaks, dramas and disasters of every All Black campaign at the Rugby World Cup. New Zealand rugby's master storyteller, Phil Gifford, takes you behind the scenes to relive the action as it happened and as told by those directly involved. You'll find out why Buck Shelford was dropped, which All Blacks were actually sick before the 1995 final, why Taine Randell believes he shouldn't have been captain in 1999, what exactly led to Graham Henry being reappointed as coach despite the miserable result in 2007, and why Steven Donald is called Beaver. Gifford kws all of the players and personalities i he was there. He details a fascinating and often tumultuous journey, from a boozy dinner in Cardiff where the idea for a global tournament first got off the ground, to the breathtaking finale of the victorious 2011 Cup. Inside the Cup is the perfect book for every true rugby fan.
- Author BiographyA prolific writer and broadcaster, PHIL GIFFORD has reported on every Rugby World Cup since 1987, and will be in Britain to cover the 2015 tournament. He has won nine New Zealand radio awards, has twice been judged New Zealand sportswriter of the year, and three times New Zealand sports columnist of the year. He has also won two Dulux national print awards for news reporting, in 1976 (on the Captaine Bouganville shipwreck) and 1981 (on the Springbok tour). In 1973, Phil invented the satirical rugby character Loosehead Len, and wrote his columns for 32 years. He continues to write a column in the Sunday Star-Times, and in 2014 was a member of the Fairfax Media team at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. In 2010, Phil was honoured with the SPARC lifetime achievement award for services to sports journalism. Inside the Cup is Phil's 25th book, biographies of Joe Stanley, Grizz Wylie, Mike Brewer, Peter Fatialofa and Todd Blackadder among his previous works. His own memoir, Loose among the Legends, was named one of the biographies of the year in the New Zealand Listener's 100 best books of 2014. Phil lives in Auckland, with his wife Jan.
- Author(s)Phil Gifford
- PublisherPenguin Group (NZ)
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2015
- ImprintPenguin Books (NZ)
- Weight358 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.