All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrated Approaches to Drug and Alcohol Problems: Action on Addiction provides a pathway through the field of addiction, giving a clear description of points along that path, from the beginning of problematic use of drugs and alcohol, to treatment, support, recovery and reintegration in society. The book illustrates the principle of integrated approaches to tackling the rise in problems with addiction. Practical applications of these approaches are demonstrated in the work of UK charity Action on Addiction, one organisation which has been influenced by, and contributed to, the research and practice of the authors. The interventions illustrated within Integrated Approaches to Drug and Alcohol Problems demonstrate how the findings of international research can be brought together to provide effective services for individuals, families and communities suffering from addiction-related problems. Some of the foremost internationally recognized addiction researchers, clinicians and trainers from the UK, USA and Canada have contributed chapters to this book. It will be of interest to all those working in the field of drug and alcohol addiction, including counsellors and therapists, as well as GPs, nurses and public health officers. Integrated Approaches to Drug and Alcohol Problems will also have general appeal to anyone studying Psychology and Mental Health courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level, plus those affected by addiction.
- Author BiographyDr Willm Mistral, BSc, MSc, PhD, is an independent research consultant. Previously he was an honorary senior research fellow at the University of Bath, UK, where for many years he led a research team focused on substance use and mental health. Willm has published numerous papers in mental health and addiction journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byWillm Mistral
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.