All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the relation between identity and diversity as the essential condition of interculturalism, and the sometimes positive, sometimes negative, role that identity and diversity play within intercultural dialogue in an increasingly globalised world. An international conference, in Madrid, October 2003, brought together scholars from four continents and allowed them to share their kwledge and learn about the issues of identity and diversity: philological and philosophical reflections. The present volume contains a selection of the conference papers. The contributors explore the dynamics of identity as a process open to differences. Although identity and difference are t exclusively discursive, it is discourse and natural language that incorporate them.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Beatriz Penas Ibanez (M.A. Linguistics S.U.N.Y.A.B. U.S.A.), (M.A. English Philology, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain), (Ph.D. English Philology, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain) is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Zaragoza (Spain). She specialises in Semiotics, Pragmalinguistics and American Literature. She is member of the advisory board of specialised journals: The Hemingway Review, Miscelanea, Cuadernos de Investigacion Filologica, Journal of English Studies. She has published several books. Maria Carmen Lopez Saenz (M.A. Philosophy, UAB), (M.A. Sociology and Political Sciences Barcelona UAB), (Ph.D. Philosophy, UAB) is Senior lecturer in Philosophy at the UNED (Madrid). She specialises in Contemporary Philosophy: Existential Phenomenology, Hermeneutical Philosophy, Aesthetics, and the Frankfurt School. She is the author of a good number of articles in specialised journals. She has also published books on Marcuse, phenomenology, Art.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byBeatriz Penas Ibanez,Maria Carmen Lopez Saenz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.