Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of international trade has been a focus of renewed debate for academics and policy-makers alike. The progressive integration of ecomics at a worldwide level have led to debates surrounding the migration of labor markets, restrictive trade practices, the impact of foreign investment, the role of cooperation through multilateral and regional agreements, and the enforceability of international agreements. This book reviews the new research findings and theoretical developments that have informed these debates, offering a balanced analytical account of American and European experiences, viewpoints, approaches and policy. Written in six parts, the first part examines the determinants of trade patterns, ecomic location, foreign investment and the interaction between trade and ecomic growth. The second part deals with strategic policy interventions. The third part examines the role of invation, skills and contracts in trade and foreign direct investment. The fourth part focuses on trade reform, trade and investment restrictions and ecomic sanctions. The fifth part tackles the endogeus formation of policy through the interaction between interest groups and the government, block formation and a host of coexisting trade-restricting and -promoting practices. The sixth part focuses on the ecomics of the World Trade Organisation, cooperative agreements, and their sustainability. Comprehensive in its approach, this book will be of particular interest to graduate students, policymakers, and practitioners with an interest in international trade.
- Author Biographyis Rivera-Batiz is Associate Professor of Economics and Education at Columbia University, and also teaches at McGill University and the University of Puerto Rico. He has served as consultant with the International Monetary Fund and the Inter-American Development Bank and has extensive consulting experience with private companies. His work has been published in numerous journals, including the American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, European Economic Review, and the Journal of Development Economics. He is co-author, with Francisco-Rivera-Batiz, of International Finance and Open Economy Macroeconomics (Prentice-Hall) a standard international economics textbook. His research interests focus on international economics, economic growth and finance. Rivera-Batiz holds a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. Maria-Angels Oliva is Assistant Professor of Economics at ESCP-EAP, Paris (European School of Management). She has held positions as post-doctoral researcher at MIT Sloan School of Management, lecturer at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, visiting scholar at Columbia University and at the Universite de Montreal, and has worked as a consultant for the International Monetary Fund.
- Author(s)Luis A. Rivera-Batiz,Maria-Angels Olivia
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/01/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous figures
- Weight1212 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.