All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionModernity and postmodernity are intensely contested interpretive spaces. In a time, or mood, that many in the industrialized world consider to be postmodern, what should the contribution of Christian theology be? What are its chances, its challenges, its hopes and limits? This volume represents a collection of approaches by various authors whose work engages the contemporary theological space-modern, postmodern, and otherwise - in ways that are in critical conversation with radical orthodoxy, but suggesting alternative approaches and readings. The authors in this volume respond to radical orthodoxy's controversial claims about postmodern space, in ways that aim to ackwledge the importance of the questions and critiques raised by Milbank, Pickstock, Ward, and others, but that proposes different responses to issue crucial to contemporary theological discourse such as: the difficulty to engage the powerful critiques offered by radical orthodoxy, while resisting the totality of vision and approach, the struggle for justice against poverty and predatory capitalism, theologies of incarnation, theological gender constructions, participation and presence in the eucharistic liturgy, narrative legitimacy through periodization, the radical nature of ethnic and cultural Otherness, reciprocity and redemption, immanence and transcendence, feminist philosophy of religion, a Jewish feminist re-enchantment of the world, theological eurocentrism, theologies of gift and ecomic exchange, and constructive theology.
- Author BiographyMarion Grau is the Assistant Professor of Theology at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific, a member of the Graduate Theological Union. Rosemary Radford Ruether is the author of numerous works including New Woman, New Earth, Gaia and God, and Woman and Redemption.
- Author(s)Herman Ruether,Marion Grau
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.