Intervention Research: Designing, Conducting, Analyzing, and Funding by Dianne Morrison-Beedy, Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.95+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a practical, user-friendly guide for health care researchers across multiple disciplines who are involved in intervention research. It provides all of the essential elements needed for understanding how to design, conduct, analyze, and fund intervention studies that are replicable and can withstand the scrutiny of the Institutional Review Board and peer review. Developed from an annual continuing education workshop on intervention studies conducted by Dr. Melnyk, this text is the most comprehensive body of information available on this topic. Contributors address the design of interventions that are ethically considerate and sensitive to culture, race/ethnicity, and gender, minimizing threats to external and internal validity, measurement, and budgeting. The guide explores such implementation issues as subject recruitment and retention, data management, and specialized settings, cost analysis, and explaining intervention effects. The text also guides readers in writing grant applications that fund , and addresses how to move intervention study findings into the real world. A unique addition to the book is the availability of digital examples of progress reports, final reports, and research grant applications that have received funding from the National Institutes of Health and other relevant organizations. This text is a valuable resource for all health care professionals conducting research and for doctoral students in health care studies.
- Author BiographyBernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP/PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN, is Dean and Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University. Dr. Melnyk is an internationally recognized expert in evidence-based practice, intervention research and child and adolescent mental health. Her accomplishments include over 11 million dollars of sponsored funding from federal agencies as principal investigator and over 150 publications. She is co-editor of the well known book, Evidence-based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice and the KySS Guide for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Screening, Early Intervention and Health Promotion. She is a frequent keynote speaker at national and international conferences and has consulted with health care systems throughout the globe on how to implement and sustain evidence-based practice. Dr. Melnyk is an elected fellow of the American Academy of Nursing and the National Academies of Practice, and currently serves as one of only two nurse practitioners on the United States Preventive Services Task Force. She also serves as co-editor of Worldviews on Evidence-based Nursing and is founder and chair of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners' KySS Program, a national initiative to promote the mental health of children and teens. Dr. Melnyk has received numerous national and international awards, including the Audrey Hepburn Award from Sigma Theta Tau International and the Jessie Scott Award from the American Nurses Association for the improvement of healthcare quality through the integration of research, education and practice. She has been recognized twice as an Edge Runner by the American Academy of Nursing.||Dianne Morrison-Beedy, PhD, RN, WHNP, FNAP, FAANP, FAAN is Dean of the University of South Florida College of Nursing and Senior Associate Vice President of USF Health Systems. </p
- Author(s)Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk,Dianne Morrison-Beedy
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight966 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.