All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade of his life the Czech composer Leo Janacek wrote regularly to his 'hoped-for wife' Kamila Stvsslova. A comprehensive selection of these letters has been translated and edited by John Tyrrell, the renowned Janacek scholar. Supported by a diary of meetings, a decoding of the erotic references in the letters and a selection of mostly unknown photographs, this remarkable book illuminates the inner life of one of the greatest opera composers of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyJohn Tyrrell is Professor of Music at Cardiff University. His books include Czech Opera, Janacek's Operas and editions of the memoirs of Janacek's widow and Janacek's correspondence with Kamila Stosslova . He is co-author of the standard catalogue of Janacek's works and, with Sir Charles Mackerras, he edited Janacek's opera Jenufa. In 2002 he was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Masaryk University of Brno for his work on Janacek and Czech music.
- Author(s)John Tyrrell
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/03/2005
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight289 g
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byJohn Tyrrell
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.