Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis leading textbook for first courses in linear algebra comes from the hugely experienced MIT lecturer and author Gilbert Strang. The book's tried and tested approach is direct, offering practical explanations and examples, while showing the beauty and variety of the subject. Unlike most other linear algebra textbooks, the approach is t a repetitive drill. Instead it inspires an understanding of real mathematics. The book moves gradually and naturally from numbers to vectors to the four fundamental subspaces. This new edition includes challenge problems at the end of each section. Preview five complete sections at math.mit.edu/linearalgebra. Readers can also view freely available online videos of Gilbert Strang's 18.06 linear algebra course at MIT, via OpenCourseWare (ocw.mit.edu), that have been watched by over a million viewers. Also on the web (http://web.mit.edu/18.06/www/), readers will find years of MIT exam questions, MATLAB help files and problem sets to practise what they have learned.
- Author BiographyGilbert Strang received his Ph.D. from UCLA and since then he has taught at MIT. He has been a Sloan Fellow and a Fairchild Scholar and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He is a Professor of Mathematics at MIT and an Honorary Fellow of Balliol College. Professor Strang has published eight textbooks. He received the von Neumann Medal of the US Association for Computational Mechanics, and the Henrici Prize for applied analysis. The first Su Buchin Prize from the International Congress of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, and the Haimo Prize from the Mathematical Association of America, were awarded for his contributions to teaching around the world.
- Author(s)Gilbert Strang
- PublisherWellesley-Cambridge Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/02/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWellesley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWellesley-Cambridge Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date12/09/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1160 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.