All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionWe just can't stop talking about the big questions around science and faith. They haven't gone away, as some predicted they might; in fact, we seem to talk about them more than ever. Far from being a spent force, religion continues to grow around the world. Meanwhile, Richard Dawkins and the New Atheists argue that religion is at war with science - and that we have to choose between them. It's time to consider a different way of looking at these two great cultural forces. What if science and faith might enrich each other? What if they can together give us a deep and satisfying understanding of life? Alister McGrath, one of the world's leading authorities on science and religion, engages with the big questions that Dawkins and others have raised - including origins, the burden of proof, the meaning of life, the existence of God and our place in the universe. Informed by the best and latest scholarship, Inventing the Universe is a groundbreaking new primer for the complex yet fascinating relationship between science and faith.
- Author BiographyAlister McGrath is the Andreas Idreos Professor of Science and Religion at Oxford University, and Fellow of Harris Manchester College, Oxford. After initial academic work in the natural sciences, Alister turned to the study of theology and intellectual history, while also engaging in broader cultural debates about the rationality and relevance of the Christian faith. He is the author of many academic and theological works, as well as the bestselling The Dawkins Delusion and his acclaimed C. S. Lewis - A Life.
- Author(s)Alister McGrath
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight478 g
- Width168 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.