All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThere's clear-cut beginning or end between the conclusion of paganism and the beginning of Christianity in Ireland. The old gods lingered, but the Celtic Church was established, thanks to St. Patrick, by the fifth century in Ireland. Stirring Irish tales of demons and banshees, restless dead, and magical beasts were written down by Christian scribes centuries later. Christianity did t lead to happiness on this island, however. Its history has been dominated by its striving for independence from Great Britain. Its beautiful, but bleak, landscape of ruined castles, devastated abbeys, prehistoric stone circles, and foggy bogs contain many vengeful ghosts. Follow the ambitious Irish chiefs and the English kings, the family feuds, and the constant troubles with the English in over 30 spine-tingling tales. Reflect on the rich blend of Celtic myths and legends, and the worlds of fairies and leprechauns. When you read these stories, you will soon appreciate why the Irish have such a belief in the forces of the unkwn.
- Author BiographyE. Ashley Rooney is the author of many architectural and design books. Her books often give readers the opportunity to see a diverse and inspirational selection of homes and give insight into the architects ideas.
- Author(s)E. Ashley Rooney
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2013
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note34 color photos
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.