Italianissimo: The Quintessential Guide to What Italians Do Best by Lise Apatoff, Louise Fili (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.32+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionItalianissimo (literally, very very Italian) profiles fifty enticing Italian contributions to culture high and low, from the lofty realm of great ideas to the delicious realities of cuisine, fashion, cinema, and much more-an eclectic mix of the customs, culture, and concepts that embody the essence of Italy. This intimate guide will enlighten and enrich all journeys to Italy, both real and imaginary, and holds a wealth of sophisticated information about such icons as:hand gestures, patron saints, pasta, parmesan, the piazza, the Fiat 500, ex votos, fashion, Neo-realist cinema, authority figures, Picchio, the Italian male, the mezzaluna, shoes, opera, the Vespa, the Ferrari, gelato, gondolas, and more. You'll also find out: * Why lines, as we kw them, are nexistent in Italy; * Why a string of coral beads is often seen around a baby's wrist; * What the unlucky number of Italy is (it's t thirteen, unless seating guests at a table, when it IS thirteen-taking into account the outcome of the Last Supper); * Why red underwear begins to appear in shops as the New Year approaches
- Author BiographyLouise Fili is a graphic designer specializing in logo, package, restaurant, type, and book design. She was art director of Pantheon Books from 1978 to 1989, where she designed more than 2000 book jackets. She has received awards from every major design competition, has taught and lectured on graphic design and typography, and her work is in the permanent collection of the Library of Congress, the Coooper Hewitt Museum, and the Bibliotheque Nationale. She was the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts grant, and is the co-author of 11 books on design. Fili was recently inducted into the Art Directors Hall of Fame. Lise Apatoff, originally from Chicago, has been living on a farm in the Tuscan countryside north of Florence since 1978. She shares her intimate understanding of Italy as a teacher, travel coordinator and museum lecturer by making the the living classroom of the Renaissance come alive for visitors of all of ages by imparting a passion for art, history, and the countless delightful nuances of the Italian culture.
- Author(s)Lise Apatoff,Louise Fili
- PublisherLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/07/2008
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Bookroom,U.S.
- Content NoteColour photographs
- Weight322 g
- Width146 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.