All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes Italy's external competitiveness in detail and introduces a new index, devised by Marco Fortis and Stefa Corradini for Fondazione Edison, that highlights the strengths of Italy's foreign trade. Compared with the Trade Performance Index compiled and updated annually by UNCTAD/WTO's International Trade Centre, the Fortis-Corradini Index (FCI) provides greater sectorial detail by referring to 5117 products identified according to the six-digit HS 1996 international classification available on the UN Comtrade database. The new index confirms that, contrary to widespread opinion, Italy is one of the world's most competitive countries, with an extraordinary position of leadership in world trade. Thus, according to the FCI, for 932 products Italy was either first, second or third worldwide in terms of foreign trade surplus in 2012. Furthermore, the FCI reveals, for example, that only three countries (China, Germany and the United States) surpassed Italy in 2012 in terms of the number of first, second and third places in their trade balance worldwide. In presenting the FCI and meticulous statistical data, this highly original study will be of wide interest.
- Author BiographyMarco Fortis, born in 1956, is an economist and vice-president of Edison Foundation. He teaches Industrial Economy and Foreign Trade in the Political Science Faculty of Catholic University of Milan. He is the author or editor of numerous scientific publications, essays, and articles and has contributed leading articles to Economia Politica - Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Il Sole 24 Ore, Il Messaggero and Panorama. Stefano Corradini, born in 1962, is an economist and senior researcher at the Edison Foundation. He is coauthor with Marco Fortis of many scientific publications, essays and articles. Monica Carminati, born in 1972, is an economist and senior researcher at the Edison Foundation. She is coauthor with Marco Fortis of many scientific publications, essays and articles.
- Author(s)Marco Fortis,Monica Carminati,Stefano Corradini
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Business
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight162 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.