All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Mediterranean to the American West, the poems in Ron Smith's new collection move across time and place to find reliable truths through personal observation. Beyond his own experiences Smith draws from the lives of table and diverse figures-Edward Teller, Edgar Allan Poe, Mickey Mantle, Ezra Pound, Robert Penn Warren, Jesse Owens, Leni Riefenstahl, and many others. Its Ghostly Workshop probes the fallibility of philosophy while strengthening the quest for certainty. Wondering and weighing, these are poems capable of conviction as well as doubt. Like the city of Rome, the subject at the book's center, Its Ghostly Workshop aims to rewire us, to virus us, to rush us with visionary blazes, cascades / of memory, incandescent logic.
- Author BiographyRon Smith, author of the poetry collections Running Again in Hollywood Cemetery and Moon Road, is the poetry editor for Aethlon: The Journal of Sports Literature. Winner of the Carole Weinstein Prize and other poetry awards, he holds the George Squires Chair of Distinguished Teaching and serves as Writer-in-Residence at St. Christopher s School in Richmond, Virginia. He is also Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Richmond.
- Author(s)Ron Smith
- PublisherLSU Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSouthern Messenger Poets
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLSU Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.