All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFor the catalogue of the 1965 mographic exhibition in Rotterdam and Bruges on Jan Gossart (ca. 1472-1532) a compilation was made of 68 documentary references pertaining to the artist's life and works. Now, forty-five years later, there has been a reassessment of Gossart and his oeuvre which has resulted in a new catalogue raisonne, Man, Myth, and Sensual Pleasures: Jan Gossart's Renaissance. The present text, Jan Gossart: The Documentary Evidence accompanies this volume. This tome covers more than 130 documents, including inventories, accounts, biographies, descriptions and other records about Gossart's life and works, up until the mid-18th century. These mainly archival records have been re-examined and transcribed anew, and subsequently discovered documents have been added. Each transcription is accompanied by a short description and comment as well as published references. The book includes photographs of original records. Additionally, two of Gossart's works for which most of our kwledge is based on documentary evidence are discussed: the so-called Salamanca Triptych and the famous, w lost, Middelburg Altarpiece.
- Author(s)Anna Koopstra,Sytske Weidema
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight1197 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byMaryan Ainsworth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.