All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by working for a humanitarian aid agency in West Darfur, poet Michelle Green's collection of short stories explores some of the complexities of the ongoing war in Darfur, and draws upon her own experiences as well as her subsequent research. Though the stories are fictional, they are all rooted in a particular time and place, and informed by the day-to-day realities of life in a time of chaos and horror. They are stories of local traders, aid workers, soldiers, politicians, parents, and children, all living in the middle of what was described by the United Nations as the world's worst humanitarian crisis. Exploring and exposing the causes, consequences, and conditions of the war, this collection is a stirring reminder of the intricate issues that still face Dafur since the separation of the Sudan.
- Author BiographyMichelle Green is an award-winning poet and the author of Knee High Affai rs.
- Author(s)Michelle Green
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.