Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPeggi Eve Anderson-Randolph's vel Josephine's Incredible Shoe and the Blackpearls sweeps the reader from the Jazz Age into the Eighties as the story of an engaging black couple evolves. Tally and Chat Blackpearl and their heirs move from a good life to a better one. Is their desire to reach success caused by wit and perseverance or is their talisman, a gorgeous shoe, responsible? The shoe may have belonged to a scintillating black star, Josephine Baker, who wowed Paris in the Twenties and with whom Chat Blackpearl had a brief fling. The rhythm of this story never misses a beat as we travel with the Blackpearls from a black college in the Ohio cornfields, through the South and on to World War II Los Angeles via the Panama Canal. The perils and joys of being black in modern America are shared in this upbeat story of REACH.
- Author BiographyPeggi Eve Anderson-Randolph grew up in Ohio and attended Ohio State University. She graduated from California State University and went to Library School at the University of Southern California. She received a master's degree in Multicultural Education from Pepperdine University. She has been published in LA Style magazine and won the 2009 Southwest Writers Award for Best Literary Novel, judged by the Diana Finch Literary Agency. She has had a career as a librarian and loves traveling. Ms. Randolph is currently writing her second novel about contemporary black ex-pats in Europe. The author lives in Brussels, Belgium and Santa Fe, NM.
- Author(s)Peggi Eve Anderson-Randolph
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.