All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJourneymen tells a story that is often purposely igred - that of the modern-day boxers who lose for a living. Far from huge purses and pay-per-view hype, the book lays bare the reality of the boxing business and the way it works in small-hall venues countrywide. October 2013 saw the 100th and final fight in the career of East London's Johnny Greaves, remarkable in that he won only four contests. He took fights at short tice, facing young prospects with the implicit understanding that he was t there to win. Journeymen features in-depth interviews with Greaves and other men who have similarly served the fight game, including Kristian Laight (180 defeats), Jason Nesbitt (178) and Daniel Thorpe (113). Though sometimes dark, their tales reveal humour, wisdom and sporting pride: the journeymen eschew glamour, make the best of what they have and face the world with a smile and a wink.
- Author BiographyMark Turley regularly attends and covers small-hall shows for BoxingScene, and was previously a staff writer for BoxRec.com. Mark is from a boxing family and is related to several former and current professional fighters. Originally from south of the river, he now lives in North London with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)Mark Turley
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteseparate photo section
- Weight318 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.