Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.49Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.73
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.06
About this product
- DescriptionIt was 1977 when a shoeshine boy, Emanuel Jaques, was brutally murdered in Toronto. In the aftermath of the crime, twelve-year-old Antonio Rebelo explores his neighborhood's dark garages and labyrinthine back alleys along with his rapscallion friends. As the media unravels the truth behind the Shoeshine Boy murder, Antonio sees his immigrant family--and his Portuguese neighborhood--with new eyes, becoming aware of the frightening reality that one is really taking care of him. So intent are his parents and his neighbors on keeping the old traditions alive that they act as if they still live in a small village, t in a big city that puts their kids in the kind of danger they would t dare imagine.Antonio learns about bravery and cowardice, life and death, and the heart's capacity for love--and for cruelty--in this stunning vel.
- Author(s)Anthony De Sa
- PublisherAlgonquin Books of Chapel Hill
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlgonquin Books of Chapel Hill
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.