All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionA concise, updated guide to the 3GPP LTE Security Standardization specifications A welcome Revised Edition of the successful LTE Security addressing the security architecture for SAE/LTE, which is based on elements of the security architectures for GSM and 3G, but which needed a major redesign due to the significantly increased complexity, and different architectural and business requirements of fourth generation systems. The authors explain in detail the security mechanisms employed to meet these requirements. The specifications generated by standardization bodies only inform about how to implement the system (and this only to the extent required for interoperability), but almost never inform readers about why things are done the way they are. Furthermore, specifications tend to be readable only for a small group of experts and lack the context of the broader picture. The book fills this gap by providing first hand information from insiders who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE security in the relevant standardization body, 3GPP, and can therefore explain the rationale for design decisions in this area. * A concise, fully updated guide to the 3GPP LTE Security Standardization specifications * Describes the essential elements of LTE and SAE Security, written by leading experts who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE security in the relevant standardization body, 3GPP * Explains the rationale behind the standards specifications giving readers a broader understanding of the context to these specifications * Includes new chapters covering 3GPP work on system enhancements for MTC, plus application layer security in ETSI TC M2M and embedded smart card in ETSI SCP; Security for Machine-type Communication, Relay Node Security, and Future Challenges, including Voice over LTE, MTC, Home base stations, LIPA/SIPTO, and New Cryptographic Algorithms Essential reading for System engineers, developers and people in technical sales working in the area of LTE and LTE security, communication engineers and software developers in mobile communication field.
- Author BiographyDan Forsberg, Poplatek Oy, Finland Dr. Dan Forsberg is currently a development manager at Poplatek Oy where he takes care of the payment terminals area and also works with payment card industry security. Earlier, Dan led the SAE/LTE security standardization work in Nokia. He was also nominated as one of the Nokia top inventors in 2007-2008. Dan started his Ph.D. studies while working in Nokia and has published several scientific papers in the area of improving and distributing session key management for mobile networks . He joined Helsinki University of Technology in 2009 and finalized his PhD studies there before the end of 2009. Gunther Horn, Nokia Siemens Networks, Germany Dr Horn is a senior standardization expert at Nokia Siemens Networks. The focus of his work is on the standardization of 3G and SAE/LTE security in the 3GPPP security group (SA3), of which he has been a member since it started in 1999. Wolf-Dietrich Moeller, Nokia Siemens Networks, Germany Wolf-Dietrich Moeller is a senior researcher with Nokia Siemens Networks. Valtteri Niemi, University of Turku, Finland and Nokia Corporation, Finland Dr Niemi is a Professor of Mathematics in University of Turku, Finland and also a Nokia Fellow, for which role he is based at the Nokia Research Center in Helsinki, Finland. Prof. Niemi s work has been on security and privacy issues of future mobile networks and terminals, the main emphasis being on cryptological aspects. He participated in the 3GPP SA3 (security) standardization group from the beginning, and during 2003-2009 he was the chairman of the group.
- Author(s)Dan Forsberg,Gunther Horn,Valtteri Niemi,Wolf-Dietrich Moeller
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleNSN/Nokia Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight792 g
- Width177 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.