All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at the challenges and possibilities facing leadership in Africa today by providing a rich history of the continent, the complexities the continent has experienced, and the great hope and encouragement that remains. It explores what African leadership is and the possible effects it has on leaders, followers, and organizations across the continent. While some maintain that leadership of and within Africa presents too many challenges, this book argues that Africa is ripe with potential and on the verge of an African Renaissance. This book looks beyond socioecomic factors to explore different perspectives of leadership such as holistic, transformational, and servant leadership, as well as values and ethics. Taking a philosophical and pragmatic approach, this edited collection provides insight from African-born leadership scholars to deliver a first-hand account of the challenges the continent faces. Their unique experiences and immersion in the African world pave the way for a revival of leadership through a lens of history, tradition, ecomics, societal, and leadership perspectives.
- Author BiographyKathleen Patterson is Director of the Strategic Leadership program at Regent University, USA. She is an expert on servant leadership and coordinates annual Servant Leadership Research Roundtables and Global Servant Leadership Roundtables in the Netherlands, Australia, and Iceland. Bruce Winston is Professor and Director of the PhD in Organizational Leadership program at Regent University, USA and has served as Dean of the School of Business and Leadership, growing the school in programs and publications. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Winston led organizations in the commercial printing industry.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in African Leadership
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 6 colour tables, biography
- Weight411 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBruce Winston,Kathleen A. Patterson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.