All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe justification for smaller classes has traditionally been that students can receive more individual attention and be provided with a curriculum that promotes student centred learning. However, in Asia where student engagement is generally over 90% in primary school classrooms, the focus of smaller classes is for teachers to increase the quality of their teaching, building on the already impressive levels of student engagement. Learning to Teach Small Classes comprehensively instructs teachers on ways they can utilise the advantage of a smaller class to its fullest potential. It works through different case studies and gives examples of successful classroom practice in each of the core subject areas (Chinese, English and Mathematics). Chapters include: * Setting Objectives, Asking and Answering Questions * Sustaining Successful Group and Pair Work * The Use of Feedback and Assessment for Developing Independence in Learning * Bringing it all together and Sustaining Effective Practice With questions for discussion and further suggested reading, this book is an invaluable resource for anyone involved in small class teaching, and East Asian teaching and education policy.
- Author BiographyMaurice Galton is an Associate Director of Research at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, Emeritus Professor at the University of Leicester, and sometimes Visiting Professor at the Hong Kong Institute of Education. He is the former Dean of Education and Continuing Education at the University of Leicester. Kwok Chan Lai is Honorary Co-Director and Adjunct Associate Professor of the Centre for Small Class Teaching at the Hong Kong Institute of Education. Kam Wing Chan is the Director of the Centre for Small Class Teaching, and an Assistant Professor at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the Hong Kong Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Kam Wing Chan,Kwok Chan Lai,Maurice Galton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.