All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.68Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionFood is something that we all have in common. We all need to eat to stay alive but the staggering variety of foods eaten around the world and the variety of ways in which they are cooked makes for a fascinating read. Do you kw your baklava from your bulgur wheat? There's much more to Lebanese food than grilled meat and mezze! Discover all about the types of food Lebanese people eat - from the traditional to the modern - and read about how food is used in cultural and religious celebrations, by families, in different regions and at different times of the year. Then have a go at making a Lebanese dish of your own using one of the step-by-step recipes. A series of eight titles that explore food from eight very different countries around the world. Each book gives a brief overview of the history of food in each country before you delve deeper into what makes each a unique eating experience.
- Author BiographyCath Senker is a children's non-fiction writer who specialises in writing about modern history, global issues and world religions. Her latest history titles include Living Through the Vietnam War (Raintree, 2011), Our World Divided: Israel and the Middle East (Wayland, 2011) and A Cultural History of Women in America: Women Claim the Vote (Bailey Publishing, 2011). She has a particular interest in the topics of migration, refugees and racism and recently wrote Mapping Global Issues: Immigrants and Refugees (Arcturus, 2011). In her work, Cath aims to highlight individuals' experiences and to present different viewpoints in a non-judgemental way as a basis for discussion. Cath also works as a project manager and editor on non-fiction titles for both children and adults. Before embarking on a freelance career, she worked as a commissioning editor for a children's educational publishing company for eight years. She is also an experienced ESOL teacher. Cath volunteers with City Reads, a project that aims to widen the enjoyment of books and reading among people of all ages, especially people from disadvantaged communities. She is a also a keen amateur cyclist, cook and gardener.
- Author(s)Cath Senker
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleA World of Food
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight162 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.