All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionFor both surgeon and patient alike, the success of modern implant surgery is increasingly judged by the refractive and astigmatic outcome. In spite of this, there has t yet been a practical book that addresses the process of performing limbal relaxing incisions (LRIs). Dr. Louis D. Skip Nichamin and his contributors aim to fill this void with Limbal Relaxing Incisions: A Practical Guide. Limbal Relaxing Incisions serves as a guide for vice refractive implant surgeons looking to incorporate incisional astigmatism surgery into their repertoire. It also contains practical pearls that the more experienced practitioner can use to refine astigmatic refractive outcomes following lens-based surgery. Limbal Relaxing Incisions covers a wide range of information from the history, background, and future of astigmatism management, to important subjects such as measuring cylinder and strategic planning for the surgical correction of astigmatism. Dr. Nichamin and his contributors detail their personal approaches to the use of LRIs, each presenting a slightly different technique and providing simple clinical pearls for both the vice and experienced practitioner. In addition, the book offers a discussion on astigmatic enhancement surgery, potential complications, and insight into the emerging field of Femto-Second Laser techlogy to further refine and automate astigmatism correction. Residents in ophthalmology, comprehensive ophthalmologists, refractive cataract surgeons, and keratorefractive surgeons taking up lens-based refractive surgery will appreciate the this is how I do it approach in Limbal Relaxing Incisions: A Practical Guide , as well as the emphasis on clinical pearls, written by some of the most experienced refractive cataract surgeons in the field.
- Author BiographyLouis D. Skip Nichamin , MD is the Medical Director and Managing Partner of the Laurel Eye Clinic in Brookville, Pennsylvania, USA, one of the leading private ophthalmic practices in the country. After graduating from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, and Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, USA, with high distinction and recognition, including membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, he completed his ophthalmic residency at the Sinai Hospital of Detroit in Michigan where he was awarded the H. Saul Sugar award for his outstanding performance. Dr. Nichamin has since been the recipient of numerous awards, lectured extensively around the world, and authored hundreds of articles and chapters in the fields of cataract and refractive surgery. His broad surgical experience numbers in the tens of thousands of surgical cases and includes posterior, as well as anterior, segment procedures. Dr. Nichamin has been a representative for the American Academy of Ophthalmology Board of Councilors and served as the Chairman of the Cataract Clinical Committee of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He holds a board position on the ASCRS Philanthropic Foundation. Dr. Nichamin is a committee member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Preferred Practice Patterns and founding member of the American College of Ophthalmic Surgery. He has been awarded the Senior Achievement and Secretariat Awards by the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is an active consultant in the ophthalmic industry and serves on numerous medical advisory boards.
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byLouis D. Nichamin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.