Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis tiny crack in our lives wind and rain strewn stranded on the limen that space between water and sky rain and sun cold and heat When two women and a dog set off on a holiday they have inkling of whats to come. They wake to find the river has crept up silently during the night. Trapped by floodwater, they devise escape routes only to be faced with more obstacles at every turn. Only the dog remains calm. This vella grips you with its language, its pace, its anxieties.
- Author BiographySusan Hawthorne is a poet, a novelist, an adjunct professor in the writing program at James Cook University, and the cofounder and director of Spinifex Press. She is the author of 10 books, including The Butterfly Effect, Earth's Breath, Unsettling the Land, and Valence. Her poetry collection Cow was shortlisted for the Kenneth Slessor Poetry Prize in the 2012 NSW Premier's Literary Awards and was also a finalist in the 2012 Publishing Triangle Awards for the Audre Lorde Lesbian Poetry Prize in the United States. Earth's Breath was shortlisted for the 2010 Judith Wright Poetry Prize. Her work has appeared in annual Best Australian Poems anthologies, been broadcast on National Radio, and published around the world in literary journals and anthologies. In 2013 she is the literature resident at the BR Whiting Studio in Rome.
- Author(s)Susan Hawthorne
- PublisherSpinifex Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Melbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSpinifex Press
- Content Note19 b/w illus & 3 b/w photos
- Weight210 g
- Width150 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.