All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology draws out and distills science's love of narrative from a wide range of scientific disciplines, weaving theory into very human stories and delving into the humanity of theorists and experimenters as they stood on the brink of significant discoveries. From Archimedes' bath to Newton's apple, these vivid accounts of scientific discovery explore the principles behind each theory and add to the larger narrative of how the universe works. Including Joseph Swan's original lightbulb moment, Einstein's revelation on a Bern tram, and Pavlov's identification of personality types thanks to a freak flood in his St. Petersburg lab, this record brings these eureka moments to life and explains the science behind them to the general reader. Contributors include Kate Clanchy, Stelly Duffy, Maggie Gee, Sarah Hall, Alison MacLeod, Sara Maitland, Sean O'Brien, Prof. Jim al-Khalili, Jane Rogers, and more.
- Author BiographyRa Page is the editor of Bracket, The City Life Book of Manchester Short Stories , Comma , Hyphen , Leeds Stories, and Parenthesis, and is a former editor of Newcastle Stories magazine.
- Author(s)Frank Cottrell Boyce,Kate Clanchy,Stella Duffy
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleScience-Into-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRa Page
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.