Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $15.51
About this product
- DescriptionA mega-mix of mad rhymes and lip-smacking limericks. You'll be cackling till the cows come home!
- Author BiographyLaurence and Catherine Anholt live and work in a house and studios on top of a hill above the sea in Devon. They started making picture books in 1984 when their first daughter was born. Since then they have made more than 200 classic picture books, which are published all over the world in more than 30 languages. Their titles range from their Orchard picture book series which include Babies Love Books and Billy and the Big New School; to Laurence's self-illustrated Anholt's Artists series, an introduction to great artists for young children, which include Camille and the Sunflowers. Laurence also collaborates with his friend, the illustrator, Arthur Robins on the bestselling Seriously Silly Stories, which include the Nestle Smarties Gold Award winner Snow White and the Seven Aliens. The Anholts' books have won many awards and are frequently featured on television and radio. Babies, Babies, Babies is listed in The Sunday Times 100 Modern Classics. Laurence was included in the Independent on Sunday's Top 10 Children's Authors in the UK and was described as 'one of the most versatile authors writing for children today'. Laurence was brought up mainly in Holland where he developed a lasting passion for art. He then went on to study Fine Art for eight years, finishing with a Master's Degree from the Royal Academy of Art in London. The Anholts have been closely involved with a number of literacy schemes such as the UK Government funded Bookstart scheme, which encourages parents to share books with babies from the earliest possible age. Their work has taken them inside Buckingham Palace and Downing Street on many occasions. Recent projects include a full-scale stage musical in Korea. Laurence and Catherine have three grown up children: Claire works for the UN in New York, Tom Anholt is a painter living in Berlin and Maddy is an actor based in London. Laurence's favourite things include, 'my lovely family, travelling to wild places and anything to do with art'. The best way to relax? 'A long soak in a warm book.' Arthur Robins is known and loved the world over for his witty and lively picture books and cartoons. He has illustrated numerous favourite books for Orchard, including the ever-popular 'Seriously Silly' series, written by Laurence Anholt, the 'Small Knight' series, written by Ronda Armitage, and the bestselling picture book 'My Granny is a Pirate', written by multi-award-winning, internationally bestselling author Val McDermid. Arthur lives in Surrey, near his two grown-up daughters.
- Author(s)Laurence Anholt
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication24/04/2003
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSeriously Silly Rhymes
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrchard Books
- Out-of-print date31/01/2017
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Arthur Robins
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Reading AgeFrom 5 To 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.