Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Williams, a leading authority on modeling in integer programming, has written a concise, readable introduction to the science and art of using modeling in logic for integer programming. Written for graduate and postgraduate students, as well as academics and practitioners, the book is divided into four chapters that all avoid the typical format of definitions, theorems and proofs and instead introduce concepts and results within the text through examples. References are given at the end of each chapter to the more mathematical papers and texts on the subject, and exercises are included to reinforce and expand on the material in the chapter. Methods of solving with both logic and IP are given and their connections are described. Applications in diverse fields are discussed, and Williams shows how IP models can be expressed as satisfiability problems and solved as such.
- Author BiographyH.P.(Paul) Williams is Professor of Operational Research at the London School of Economics. He has a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University and a PhD in Mathematical Logic from Leicester University (having studied under the late Professor R.L.Goodstein). His research work has been primarily in Linear and Integer Programming. This proposed book combines his knowledge in all these areas. He worked for IBM on developing software for and helping clients model and solve problems in Linear and Integer Programming. This work was continued in a number of academic posts. He has held chairs at Edinburgh and Southampton Universities and published many papers in these areas (listed on his web site). He is particularly well known for his book Model Building in Mathematical Programming (Wiley) first published in 1978 and now in a fourth edition. It has been translated into a number of other languages.
- Author(s)H. Paul Williams
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number130
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight251 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.