All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionIn his philosophical classic Insight, Catholic philosopher and theologian Bernard Lonergan introduced the concept of self-appropriation - the personal search for kwledge of the self, and through that of the world - as the basis for systematic philosophical investigation. In Lonergan in the World, James L. Marsh argues, clearly and passionately, that self-appropriation can serve as the basis for philosophical, ethical, and even political and ecomic thought. Comparing and applying Lonergan's principles to major trends in contemporary philosophy, including phemelogy, hermeneutics, postmodernism, analytic philosophy, and Marxism, Marsh uncovers the philosophical and the socio-political implications of Lonergan's work and its value as the basis for a search for justice and self-understanding. Drawing on Marsh's more than forty years of studying and teaching Lonergan's thought, Lonergan in the World is a book that should be read t just by philosophers and theologians, but by anyone interested in the philosophical foundations of a just and authentic life.
- Author BiographyJames L. Marsh is a professor emeritus of philosophy at Fordham University.
- Author(s)James Marsh
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- Series TitleLonergan Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight460 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.