Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionLiterary Nonfiction. Memoir. Quiet people are just like you and me. Except they hear more, they experience more, and they get into more trouble.... They also kw what a profound force quiet can be. As a young boy, Tom stands quietly before nuns and soccer coaches, and in high school, as a lifeguard, he dutifully, quietly, keeps troubled families afloat. At summer camp surrounded by scores of rabid cheerleaders, he encounters a disturbing lack of quiet, and in college, after Mardi Gras, he wakes up, ever so quietly, to a fuzzy lost world. In Belize, he quietly watches science battle faith, and in Spokane, he witnesses how un-quiet life can be. In Montana, reading Keats gets him through tuberculosis, and in California, where he loses a brother, he returns to a place that stands far beyond speech.
- Author(s)Tom Molanphy
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.