All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionOftentimes, the so-called diseases of affluence, like diabetes or high blood pressure, are due to improper diet as you age. By eating food with fewer carbohydrates and more fat, you can maintain a rmal weight and become free of the symptoms of, for example, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (enteritis), chronic fatigue syndrome, and sleep disorders. Low Carb High Fat Cooking for Seniors contains over 70 easy-to-prepare recipes for those who want hearty and nutritious food that makes you feel as good as possible. Recipes center around healthy, Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) staple ingredients, like butter, cream, creme fraiche, eggs, coconut oil, olive oil or cala oil (cold pressed), nuts and almonds, and cheese, and are suitable as breakfast, snacks, entire meals, or tidbits at teatime. Recipes include: Almond Waffles Buckwheat Porridge Spinach Soup with Bacon Salmon and Cauliflower Casserole Lingonberry Ice Cream Chocolate-Covered Macaroons An much more! Birgitta Hoglund is a trained chef and has long posted on her popular blog, Birgitta Hoglund's Food (Birgitta Hoglund's Mat). She has personal experience following an LCHF diet, and her LCHF recipes in this book are also crafted for the Glycemic Index (GI) and Paleo diets. Many people simply prefer to eat natural food without preservatives, and Low Carb High Fat Cooking for Seniors is here to provide tasty, simple-to-prepare food that's healthy for seniors as well as the whole family. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyAnnika Dahlqvist is the well-known general practitioner who has developed a model LCHF diet. She has extensive experience in the care of seniors and works as a family practitioner in Stode medical center. Dr. Dahlqvist is a frequent lecturer and blogger on nutritional issues. She resides in Stode, Sweden. Birgitta Hoglund worked as a restaurant chef for eighteen years and has experience from many restaurants. After suffering from both a severe back injury and fibromyalgia, she was able to regain her health by following a low-carb, high-fat diet -- a regimen she began 5 years ago. She now writes about food in several blogs, newspapers, and cookbooks. Birgitta lives in northern Sweden, in Ostersund, Jamtland, and spends winter in Alanya, Turkey.
- Author(s)Annika Dahlqvist,Birgitta Hoglund
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight828 g
- Width190 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.