All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- Description<b>Keep Your Mac Running Smoothly</b></p> Macs, like all machines, are prone to break down eventually-in either a physical sense (a component going bad) or a logical sense (files becoming corrupted, apps misbehaving). You can reduce the risk of such problems, and minimize the damage when they do occur, with a regular maintenance regimen. This book contains simple steps you can take to keep your Mac humming.</p> In much the same way that you brush and floss to prevent cavities, or change your car's oil periodically to prevent engine damage, you should eliminate the crud on your Mac (whether that's dust, outdated apps, or useless files) and perform other tasks to keep it healthy. By doing so, you'll improve your Mac's performance, prevent problems, and increase your productivity. This book is for all Macs running OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.</p><b>Updated for macOS 10.12 Sierra!</b></p><ul><li>Start on the right foot by addressing common maintenance issues.</li><li>Eliminate disk clutter and free up storage space.</li><li>Make sure your software is up to date.</li><li>Check your hardware for hidden faults before they become major problems.</li><li>Choose useful maintenance utilities (and kw which ones to avoid).</li><li>Perform simple daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance tasks.</li><li>Learn why you should skip certain frequently recommended tasks.</li><li>Understand what you should do when Apple releases a new version of OS X.</li><li>Monitor your Mac's health as you use it.</li></ul>
- Author BiographyJoe Kissell is the author of more than 50 books on technology, including Backing Up Your Mac: A Joe On Tech Guide and Take Control of Your Online Privacy. Heis also a contributing editor to TidBITS and a senior contributor to Macworld, was the winner of a 2009 Neal award for Best How-to Article, and has appeared on the MacTech 25 list(the 25 people voted most influential in the Macintosh community) since 2007.
- Author(s)Joe Kissell
- PublisherAlt Concepts Inc.
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlt Concepts Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.