Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe invative stained glass textbook by award winning stained glass artist Phillip McKee, who was also injured as a firefighter at the Pentagon fighting the fires spawned by the terrorist attacks on 9-11. The easy to follow lessons guide you through all the stages of making stained glass art. In a first for a stained glass textbook, this work includes links to free online videos that actually show readers how to perform the tasks covered in the lessons! You're longer learning alone. Instead, it's like having a private tutor. Plus, there are additional links for downloading the free patterns included with the book, a free trial of the GlassEye 200 stained glass design software and over 340+ stained glass patterns that you can use for free. No other stained glass instructional book has this combination of features. The first edition of Make It or Break It; Stained Glass for Beginners went through multiple printings and sold copies on every continent - a scientist on Antarctica even bought a copy! It has been used by stained glass instructors in numerous English-speaking countries and by self-taught artists around the globe. Now with the added online content, improved and expanded lessons, and in eBook form, the 2nd Edition has gotten even better.
- Author BiographyPhillip Curtis McKee, III, took up stained glass to relax himself from the stressful work of a Firefighter/EMT with the Arlington County Fire Department, VA. His skill grew rapidly until he had won two nation-wide competitions. His work was featured in newspaper articles, on TV, and even on the cover of a national publication. But as with everyone in America, the events of 9-11 changed his life forever. Phillip was among the first to respond to the Pentagon and worked for three straight days at the crash site. During the rescue work, he sustained serious injuries in the line of duty, was placed on disability and subsequently retired. After 9-11 stained glass provided him with a way to bring beauty back into a world stained with hatred. Dissatisfied with the quality of beginner's stained glass books on the market, and determined to bring the joy of stained glass into the lives of others, Phillip wrote this book. Today he creates stained glass art, writes, and manages web sites despite now having to walk with the aide of a cane. Phillip taught Glass Arts at the Art Studios at Fairlington located in Arlington, VA, and operates a full service studio in Fairfax, VA, where he lives with his spouse Officer Nopadon McKee, MTPD, and their dog, Cloe. He is always happy to answer student questions via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on his website. Phillip did his undergraduate studies at Yale University and his graduate studies at Harvard University. He also held a research fellowship at Princeton University. Before becoming a Firefighter/EMT, Phillip was a nationally recognized expert on Internet Fraud, served on a White House Panel on Aging, testified before the FTC, FDA, SEC & DOJ, and was the Asst. Director of the National Fraud Information Center, Washington, DC. For almost 10 years he served on the Board of Directors and was Vice-President of the Yale Club of Washington.
- Author(s)III,Phillip Curtis McKee
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.