Consider these sponsored items
- AU $32.99
- AU $24.50Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs editor-in-chief of The Australian, Chris Mitchell ran the largest stable of journalists with the largest editorial budget in the country for more than twelve years. This entertaining and deeply revealing book offers readers riveting insights into the quirks and foibles of some of the most powerful politicians and media executives this country has produced. A controversial figure throughout his quarter of a century as a daily editor, Chris Mitchell still maintains close regular contact with past prime ministers, editors and media CEOs. Making Headlines highlights the judgements and thinking that govern daily newspaper journalism at the highest level and the battles fought to publish tough stories about the rich and the powerful, the disenfranchised and the powerless. Making Headlines is compulsory reading for citizens who care, the political class inside the beltway and beyond, and wannabe journalists in search of a job.
- Author BiographyChris Mitchell retired at the end of 2015 after more than 12 years as editor-in-chief of The Australian and 24 years as a daily newspaper editor at The Australian, The Courier Mail and Sunday Mail. He also had editorial oversight of the Cairns Post, Townsville Bulletin and Gold Coast Bulletin. Chris began his career at The Telegraph in Brisbane.
- Author(s)Chris Mitchell
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight370 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.