All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs logical as the existence and role of Public Service Broadcasters seemed to be in the era of broadcasting mopolies, it is equally natural today to question public involvement in the media. Is there still a need for public broadcasters? What are their cultural obligations, political role and remit in the dual European media market? Which changes will new media, the internet, and digital techlogy bring, and what impact will they have on the media market? Do the public media really make a difference, or are they disaurs threatened with extinction in the new and unfamiliar media landscape of modern Europe?
- Author BiographyChristian S. Nissen was Director General of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR) from 1994 to 2004 and chairman of the EBU, Digital Strategy Group. He is author/editor of articles and books on international politics, public administration, and media.
- PublisherJohn Libbey & Co
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationEastleigh
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Libbey & Co Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight721 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byChristian S. Nissen
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.