All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionChina's breathtaking diversity of natural habitats--from mountains and deserts to grasslands and lush tropical forests--is home to more than 10 percent of the world's mammal species. This one-of-a-kind pocket guide describes the characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of all 558 species of mammals found in China. An up-to-date distribution map accompanies each species account, and beautiful color illustrations by wildlife artist Federico Gemma depict a majority of the species. The definitive text is written by leading specialists and follows the most current global standards for mammalian systematics. This field-ready pocket edition of A Guide to the Mammals of China makes the rich mammal fauna of China accessible to ecotravelers and naturalists like never before. * The comprehensive pocket guide to all of China's 558 mammal species * Describes the physical characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of every species * Features up-to-date distribution maps and stunning color illustrations throughout * Written by a team of leading specialists
- Author BiographyAndrew T. Smith is President's Professor and Parents Association Professor of Life Sciences at Arizona State University. Yan Xie is associate research professor in the Institute of Zoology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Pocket Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note384 color illus. 558 maps.
- Weight571 g
- Width114 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAndrew T. Smith,Yan Xie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.