All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation is increasingly identified as the critical factor in ensuring ecomic competitiveness. Departments of state and quasi--governmental organizations in many countries including, Austria, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden and the UK, have issued reports and calls to action; but implementation will continue to be problematic unless the points made in this book are taken into account. Drawing on 350 in--depth interviews with senior managers, this book presents an original theory about the characteristics of managers in good invative organizations and poor invative organizations . It pays close attention to the attitudes, understandings, assumptions and interpretations of managers, who are often the ultimate decision--makers when it comes to invation. The text is supported by real--life, internationally--kwn cases such as Hewlett--Packard, Zeneca and the BBC, as well as voluntary sector cases such as Oxfam. It is also enriched by substantial and highly revealing quotations from senior managers themselves.
- Author BiographyJohn Storey is Professor of Management at the Open University Business School and a consultant to leading corporations. He has authored and edited sixteen books on business, management and organizations. He is a non--executive director on two management boards. Graeme Salaman is Professor of Organizational Studies at the Open University Business School. He has worked as a consultant in eight countries for clients such as Sun Microsystems, Willis, BAT, the government of Ethiopia, Fujitsu, Allianz, Ernst and Young, Rolls Royce, and Morgan Stanley.
- Author(s)Graeme Salaman,John Storey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2004
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleManagement, Organizations & Business S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note12
- Weight519 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.