All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionProject managers appear to accept the 'iron triangle' of cost, budget and quality but in reality focus more on being on time and budget. Quality in projects is often paid mere lip service and relegated to tick-box compliance. This lack of clarity and focus on quality is often the source of project failures. Ron Basu's Managing Quality in Projects shines the spotlight on this aspect of project management that can often be overshadowed by the pressure to deliver on time and on budget. His investigation focuses initially on defining the dimensions of quality in project management and identifying sources of measurement for project excellence. Thereafter he expands his focus to discuss which tools can be effectively used in the quest for achieving and sustaining project excellence; and which processes are important in assessing the project maturity. The text also explores how the successes of operational excellence concepts, such as supply chain management, Lean Thinking and Six Sigma may be gainfully deployed in enhancing project quality and excellence. Finally a structured implantation plan guides those directly involved in project delivery, including suppliers, in how to 'make it happen'. A shared understanding and implementation of project quality by key project stakeholders will go a long way to ensuring a stable platform for delivering successful projects with longer lasting outcomes. It is also a fundamental building block in any organization's strategy for improving consistency and achieving sustainable performance. On that basis, Ron Basu's book is a must-have reference and guide for all project organizations.
- Author BiographyDr Ron Basu is the founder of the consulting company, Performance Excellence Limited and a Visiting Professor at SKEMA Business School in France and a Visiting Fellow at Henley Business School, UK. Ron is the author or co-author of ten management books including Managing Project Supply Chains (2011).
- Author(s)Ron Basu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAdvances in Project Management
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 44 b&w illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Darren Dalcher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.