All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is focussed at those who are working or are about to enter the workplace. According to the book, workplace may be defined as any environment enabling work to be done . This broader definition will make the workplace include any situation or place where people interact to exchange kwledge and information. The book discusses the various anxiety and stress inducing events that one faces in the workplace and the ways to cope with them, using Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), and Cognitive Therapy (CT). These techniques are the most widely used psychotherapeutic techniques and their effectiveness has been tested scientifically throughout the world. The book attempts to show as to how Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (umbrella term for CT and REBT) can be used to challenge and overcome workplace stress issues such as criticism, abuse, animosity, conflicts, disagreements, insubordination, organisational politics, favouritism, prejudices, discriminations, job uncertainties, extreme work pressures, excessive workloads, poor job designs, job mismatches, role conflicts, role ambiguities, cultural and ethical maladjustments, workplace boredom and anger problems by realistically and accurately interpreting events at the workplace. It includes plenty of real-life stress producing scenarios as examples and specific techniques to challenge them. Moreover, it tries to analyze and solve workplace stress issues in a very lucid, simple and direct manner so that it appeals to and is understood by a wide range of people. The book is based on research and studies in the area of internal marketing, psychological counselling and workplace stress, and is the product of years of surveys and professional interactions in the industry and the academia.
- Author BiographyDr. Koushiki Choudhury teaches at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. She has completed her Master's degree from the Pennsylvania State University, USA and her doctorate from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. She was a visiting scholar at the University of California, USA and the Curtin University, Australia. Dr. Choudhury's educational, research, teaching and consultancy interests include internal marketing and its interface with the behavioural sciences and human resources, psychological counselling and relationship marketing. She has had extensive experience in these areas in the corporate sector, where she worked for several years before joining academics.
- Author(s)Koushiki Choudhury
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight366 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.