All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA manual for the modern hunter-gatherer, <i> Outdoor Life </i>'s <i>Hunting & Gathering Survival Manual </i> will teach you everything you need to kw about foraging, hunting, and cooking in the wild. From finding wild edible plants to subsistence hunting, you'll learn how to live off the land while hunting like a caveman--and eating like a king. With high-quality design, intricate detail, and a durable flexicover--this manual is the perfect gift! <b>HUNT AND FISH IN THE WILD</b> Whether you're using modern weapons, old-fashioned snares, or your own two hands, this book will show you the amazing range of hands-on (literally!) methods for catching and cooking your prey. <b>HARVEST NATURE'S BOUNTY </b> Use the detailed field guides to gather edible plants, nuts, and mushrooms, then turn them into gourmet meals with field-tested camp cooking tips. <b> BE A SURVIVOR </b> Prepare for any emergency, whether you're lost in the woods or surviving a natural disaster. Find local, organic foods, and grow them yourself. Learn the secrets of herbal medicine and traditional remedies. This book demystifies it all, with simple hints and step-by-step illustrations to make you a self-sufficient survivor--in your backyard and in the wild.
- Author BiographyTim MacWelch has been an active practitioner of survival and outdoor skills for over 26 years. His love of the outdoors started at a young age, growing up on a farm in the rolling hills of Virginia. Eating wild berries, fishing, and learning about the animals of the forest were all part country life. Tim became interested in survival skills and woodcraft as an offshoot of backpacking as a teen--out in remote areas, it seemed like a smart plan to learn some skills. The majority of his training over the years has involved testing survival skills and devising new ones, but the biggest leaps forward occurred as a result of teaching. Tim's teaching experiences over the years have been rich and diverse, from spending hundreds of hours volunteering to founding his own year-round survival school 18 years ago. He has worked with Boy Scouts, youth groups, summer camps, and adults in all walks of life, as well as providing outdoor skills training for numerous personnel in law enforcement, search and rescue organizations, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, the State Department, and the Department of Justice and some of its agencies. Tim and his wilderness school have been featured on Good Morning America and several National Geographic programs, and featured in many publications including Conde Nast Traveler , the Washington Post, and American Survival Guide . Tim has written hundreds of pieces for Outdoor Life and many other publications. Tim's current and past articles can be found at survival.outdoorlife.com and you can learn more about his survival school at www.advancedsurvivaltraining.com.
- Author(s)Tim MacWelch
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight848 g
- Width191 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.