All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfectious diseases remain a leading cause of child morbidity and mortality worldwide. Now in its fourth edition, Manual of Childhood Infections is a simple-to-use, evidence-based, and practical handbook on how to recognize, investigate, and manage both common and rare infectious diseases in children and babies. Endorsed by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases, this fully updated version of the established 'Blue Book' complements the Pan European initiatives and UK diploma courses to harmonise patient management and training in Paediatric Infectious Diseases (PID), making it essential reading for UK and European paediatricians. Manual of Childhood Infections is divided into two alphabetized sections for easy access to information, covering key diagsis and management features of infections alongside crucial points of epidemiology and clinical features. This fourth edition forms practical reading for practising paediatricians, featuring updates to all key chapters based on a literature review alongside new chapters focusing on emerging problems for Europe.
- Author BiographyMike Sharland is a Consultant at the Paediatric Infectious Diseases Unit at St George's Hospital, London He is a recognized expert in optimising antimicrobial use in children. He is a board member of ESPID, Chair of ESPID Research Committee, Previous Chair of ESPID Training Committee, and Chair of RCPCH Standing Committee on Infection and Immunisation and Chair of the UK Medicines for Children Research Network Allergy, Infection and Immunity Clinical Study Group. He is also the Joint Chair of the Pediatric European Network for Trials in Infection.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialist Handbooks in Paediatrics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width101 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAdam Finn,Andrew Cant,David Elliman,Graham Davies,Karina Butler,Manolis Galanakis,Mike Sharland,Ron Dagan,Ronald de Groot,Susanna Esposito
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.