All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew modern women have had as great a political impact as Margaret Hilda Roberts, the grocer's daughter from Grantham who, as Margaret Thatcher, became Britain's first woman prime minister. The longest serving British premier of the twentieth century, Mrs Thatcher has been the subject of both adulation and vilification. In Margaret Thatcher: A Life and Legacy, the leading historian Sir David Cannadine sets Margaret Thatcher in the context of recent British history. With elegance, wit, and historical insight, Cannadine charts Mrs Thatcher's upbringing and influences, her political career and life after politics, the impact of her policies, and her personal reputation and political legacy. The book also features a glossary of key terms, a chrology, a 'dramatis personae' of significant figures of the period, and a guide to further reading. Written by one of our foremost international historians, it is an essential work for anyone interested in the life and work of a towering-and often controversial- figure in modern British history, as well as students, academics, and researchers in the fields of modern history and politics.
- Author BiographyProfessor Sir David Cannadine is Dodge Professor of History at Princeton University and General Editor of the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. He is one of the world's best-known historians and historical biographers, and an expert on Churchill and political leadership. The author or editor of thirty books, David Cannadine is also a regular broadcaster on radio and television. His most recent publications include The Undivided Past (2013) and George V: the Unexpected King (2014), as well as the series Prime Ministers' Props for BBC Radio 4 (2016).
- Author(s)Mr David Cannadine
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2017
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight255 g
- Width137 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.