CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFreemasonry carries its secrets beyond death. Masonic funeral ceremonies, the placing of the apron and sprig of acacia in the coffin, and internment rites at burial are part of Craft's rituals. The carvings on tombstones of Masonic cemeteries are a source of esoteric engravings and guide to evolving initiations and degrees. For the historian, a great value is the evidence they provide of past associations between the brethren behind the doors of the lodge. The old Masonic Burial Ground in Fredricksburg, Virginia, is a museum of patriots, and Jett's long out of print book is a valuable footte to early American history as well as to the lives connected in one way or ather by the secret fraternity. Fortunately the cemetery still is properly maintained and this volume can serve as a guide.
- Author BiographyDr. Paul Rich is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and life member of the American Historical Association, Organization of American Historians, Company of Military Historians, and Royal Society of Arts. His interest in grave topics is reflected his life membership in the Association of Gravestone Studies, and as a Corporator of the Auchinleck Boswell Society, which maintains Boswell's mausoleum in Ayrshire. He is a member of St. John's Lodge in Boston, the oldest lodge in the United States, and been honored by the Grand Lodge of California and the Scottish Rite Research Society, as well as the Texas Lodge of Research, for his numerous writings.
- Author(s)Dora Jett,Paul Rich
- PublisherWestphalia Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestphalia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPaul Rich
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.