All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionMasterClass in Religious Education provides a comprehensive exploration of the major themes in religious education research and pedagogy, drawing on international research. The author draws together historical, theological/religious and comparative and international perspectives to explore religious education's role in confronting controversial issues, and the implications this has for teaching, learning and research. This book incorporates discussions of current, post-9/11 debates on religion in the modern world, focusing particularly on the relationship of religion to secular, political contexts. Liam Gearon pays close attention to debates around religion in liberal democratic societies, looking at topics such as citizenship, human rights, and identity.
- Author BiographyLiam Gearon holds the University Lectureship in Religious Education in association with a Senior Research Fellowship at Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford, UK. He is also Adjunct Professor at the Australian Catholic University, Australia, and Conjoint Professor at the Humanities Research Institute, Newcastle University, Australia.
- Author(s)Liam Gearon
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleHAU - Masterclass
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited bySue Brindley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.