All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionWith the September edition of Meanjin we welcome Spring at last, and with a new season we take you to new places, show you new perspectives and consider new solutions to old problems. Under the revived Meanjin Papers masthead we feature Patrick McCaughey who takes a second look at the wildly diverse Australian art of the 1960s, we bring you Rebe Taylor on the vexed and painful question of Truganini's status as the 'last' Indigeus Tasmanian, while Helen Ennis writes on the life and startlingly beautiful work of Australian photographer Olive Cotton. Paul Daley visits the battlefields of the Somme and wonders how best to deal with the enduring human remains left by war. Back home, Ben Eltham reports on the troubling disconnect betsween funding the Arts and funding Arts infrastructure, Chris McAuliffe writes on the end of cultural cringe while James Bradley has a ghostly encounter in the night time. We bring you a stunning gallery from photographer Lucy Parakhina and new memoir from Lorna Hendry, Lily Keil and John Kinsella. There is new fiction from David Francis, Mark Welker, Michele Freeman, Lex Hall and Marion Halligan, as well as poetry from Eileen Chong, Craig Billingham, Mark Mordue and much, much more.
- Author BiographySally Heath's first full-time job in journalism was as editor of an independent paper on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria about 25 years ago. Since then she has divided her time equally between writing and editing, including working as editor of the Age s A2, blogging at A Season of Sundays, and most recently joining MUP as Associate Publisher in 2010. She is Meanjin s ninth editor.
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- Place of PublicationCarlton, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight427 g
- Width174 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited bySally Heath
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.