All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionTwo Boston University professors have assembled the best theorists and clinicians in the field to explore various ways that sport and exercise have been recognised as valuable therapeutic elements in treatment and rehabilitative settings. Chronic disorders in particular have shown themselves responsive to well designed programs of sport and exercise; a development of critical concern to our increasing ageing population. The book draws attention to the clinically significant interactions between psychological and physiological systems and the role of sport and exercise in dealing with cardiac respiratory and sundry nervous system immune system and endocrine disorders. The book responds to an urgent need expressed by many primary care physicians, health psychologists, sport psychologists and other educators and clinicians in medicine and allied health specialties. This book is the first to address the multifaceted multidisciplinary issues from the fields of science scholarship and clinical practice and place them in a single volume with the participation of truly eminent authors in the respective areas.
- PublisherFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Date of Publication24/01/2006
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationMorgantown, WV
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight638 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid L. Mostofsky,Leonard D. Zaichkowsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.