All listings for this product
About this product
- Description-There's something inherently spiritual about Olzmann's Mezzanines. . . . It's a place of reflection and contemplation, a temporary reprieve from the world's chaos and a reach for a vision of paradise.- --The Los Angeles Review of Books-. . .the poems [in Mezzanines] have doors that open and invite you inside. The rooms of the house may be odd, and the stairwells may lead in strange directions, but you, as the reader, remain beckoned. [Olzmann] hasn't invited you in just to leave you. He's got stories to tell, and they're good.- --The Huffington Post BlogThere is place Matthew Olzmann doesn't visit in his poignant debut. From underwater to outer space, Mezzanines is a contained universe, constantly shifting through multiple perceptions of the surreal and the real. A lyrical conversation with mortality, Olzmann explores identity, faith, and our sense of place, with an acute awareness of our minute existence.From -NASA Video Transmission Picked Up By Baby Monitor-: How many shadows are there left to name?Logophobia is the fear of words. Kerauthnetophobiais the fear of falling man-made satellites.Imagine this last one: you walk outside and look to heavenexpecting a sky lab plunging down on you--wireseverywhere, bolts loosening, metal body in flames.Instead, you see only blue, endless blue, the color of a baby's new blanket, cloaking everything.Matthew Olzmann is a graduate of the MFA program for writers at Warren Wilson College. His poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Kenyon Review, New England Review, Inch, Gulf Coast, Rattle, and elsewhere. He's received fellowships from Kundiman and the Kresge Arts Foundation. Currently, he is a writer-in-residence for the InsideOut Literary Arts Project and the poetry editor of The Collagist.
- Author BiographyAuthor: Matthew Olzmann is a graduate of the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson College. His poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Kenyon Review, New England Review, Inch, Gulf Coast, Rattle and elsewhere. He's received fellowships from Kundiman and the Kresge Arts Foundation. Currently, he is a writer-in-residence for the InsideOut Litereary Arts Project and the poetry editor of The Collagist.
- Author(s)Matthew Olzmann
- PublisherAlice James Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlice James Books
- Weight136 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.