All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIn Milton and the Ends of Time, a team of leading international scholars addresses Milton's treatment of millennial and apocalyptic ideas, topics of major importance in the religious and philosophical thought of his day. The subject has wide-ranging ramifications for the interpretation of Milton's poetry and prose, as his speculations on the ends of time played a vital part in shaping the Miltonic quest and vision. This collection thinks critically about Milton's eschatology by arguing that Milton expressed radical millenarian views after the Restoration and by demonstrating the pervasiveness of apocalyptic ideas in Milton's thought. It also provides a broad range of disciplinary and theoretical perspectives; approaches include Milton and the visual arts, Milton's politics and theology, Milton and science and comparative poetics. This volume will be of interest to literary, religious and political historians of the seventeenth century, as well as Milton specialists.
- Author BiographyJuliet Lucy Cummins is Lecturer in English in the School of Humanities at the University of Western Sydney. She has published essays on literary and legal topics in various journals including Milton Studies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus.
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJuliet Cummins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.